Please note: Our waiting list is full and we are not accepting applications at this time.
The aim of the membership process is to ensure that applicants have the information they need to decide whether they are interested in living in the Co-op, the Co-op has the information it needs to assess whether an applicant is suitable for membership and to ensure that all applicants are evaluate fairly and equally within the Co-op’s membership criteria.
If you are interested in joining our membership please follow these steps:
- Download, complete and submit an application form with a $25 application fee (cheque or money order accepted). Please also submit your proof of income for each applicant; this can be 3 months of pay-subs and a letter from your employer as well as identification (example: driver’s license, passport – anything with government issued photo).
- Your application will be reviewed and references will be checked by the Membership Committee.
- If your application passed the initial stage, you will be contacted for an in person interview with 2 people from the Membership Committee. After this stage, the 2 members will bring the information to the committee who will then vote on accept or reject the application in accordance with the membership criteria.
- Once the decision has been made by the Membership Committee, their recommendation will be sent to the Board of Directors who will have final say on the decision.
- If accepted / or denied, you will be sent a letter indicating the decision.